My blog has moved! Redirecting…

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit http://mommabean.com/ and update your bookmarks.

Sunday, August 13, 2006
Yoga Enthusiast or Little Miss Cleo?

A has taken to performing downward facing dog on occasion. At first, we couldn't figure out what she was doing but then I remembered. PB, I dabbled in a little yoga here and there. I took classes and practiced at home. One day, I even coaxed J into participating in a power yoga session. He collapsed halfway through the DVD, while I held my position with a triumphant grin on my face. I even took a prenatal yoga class - which I highly recommend! So, soon enough, it dawned on me that my little bean was getting her yoga on! And she just won't stop! Whenever I round the corner, from the kitchen to the living room, there she is, stretching her hammies and sticking her little butt in the air.


I giggled at the spectacle until last Monday, when I arrived at my parents house. My mom, arms akimbo, promptly asked me if I had noticed Audie's new acrobatics. I said yes, but didn't bother to explain the yoga thing. She then asked me if I knew what the Thai superstition was about that. Now, throughout the years, I've been warned of touching an adult's head, getting my hair done on Monday, or wearing shoes in the house. So I could only imagine what Audrey's new exercise routine would mean.


According to Gramma M., when a baby does this move, it means that her mommy is going to give her a baby in the near future.


Cue the crickets.


Later that night, I told Jim what my mom had to say. After coughing up a bit of Diet Coke and scooting away from me on the couch, his reply was, "Make her stop."


A day later, Maggie began doing it too.


Those crazy Thais.


3 Comments:

Blogger Vety said...

Thanks for scaring the hey out of me! Edson did this a week or so ago! Tell your mother to take it back!

http://peanutandcashew.com/?p=187

What a cutie though, take a pic!
Also, did you see E&W's declaration of love?

Blogger Lori Anne Haskell said...

That was hilarious. Your Mom cracks me up.....Great story.

Blogger Vety said...

I reread this post (seriously, you are a gifted writer!)If you figure out how to make them stop, please let me know. I'll cross my fingers for you because both of yours are doing this pose.

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer