My blog has moved! Redirecting…

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit http://mommabean.com/ and update your bookmarks.

Wednesday, September 27, 2006
We interrupt your regularly scheduled program....


To let you know that I, Momma Bean, am addicted to Grey's Anatomy.

I know, I know, this seems unrelated in any way, shape or form to the Beans, but really it is. You see, I watched Season 1 on DVD while I was on maternity leave. By the time that I got around to loving it, Season 2 was five episodes deep. I tried accumulating all of them on my DVR, but as the weeks passed and my available hours dwindled, I found that I would never get all of them in time for Season 3. So, it was killing me for September 12th to get here.

Finally it did and I'm now on Episode 6 of Season 2. **Love it. Love it. But, I've gotta say...and this is going to get much hate from a lot of you out there that I know and love...I just can't get into McDreamy!

I'm sorry! I just can't get past the thought that he was Ronald Miller and Cindy paid him to date her and that he dumped his nerdy friends for a shot at being one of the "in crowd" when clearly he was still the same dork riding around in his lawn mower that he was before the dance! I can't do it! Whenever Dr. McDreamy is giving Meredith the eyes, I giggle to myself. Instead, I choose Dr. Burke. Yes, he's a bit arrogant and career driven. But when he crawled into Christina's hospital bed and held her as she cried, my heart melted! Maybe I'll be proven wrong as the season progresses, but this is where I stand. Go ahead, hate me.

So...back to the beans. Yes, that's it. Well, you see, in order for me to free up my evening so that I can immerse myself into G.A. I must do my chores when I get home from work. That means, Sesame Street. Bad Momma, right? Wrong! I challenge anyone out there that doesn't believe in letting their child watch a little television to prove me wrong! It's a win-win situation! I get the dishes done, the laundry washed and the dinner started and the beans get Elmo looking at books, the Count..well, counting and more versions of the ABC song than I could have ever imagined. Cookie Monster shows you how to put cookies in and out of the cookie jar and I put the dishes in and out of the dishwasher. See! It's real life here people, my beans are learning something!

And don't think that I leave my beans unattended while I'm running up and down the stairs with laundry. I've got two perfectly capable Shih Tzus on bean patrol. And when I'm done, when the food is in the oven (or the husband has been called to pick up a pizza), that's my time to grab a book (lately it's the Cookie Monster book....there again! More evidence! Cookie Monster = reading!) and wait for the girls to crawl into my lap and turn the pages as I begin the story. I can relax knowing that everything is done for the day and as soon as the girls are snoring peacefully in their nursery, J and I are on the couch, cold dinner in hand and G.A. on the television. Sigh. It's wonderful.

**Any mention of Season 3 on this site or in any conversation that you may have with me before I complete Season 2 will may result in a painful death for the offender.

Labels:



2 Comments:

Blogger Lori Anne Haskell said...

I am with you--NOT a McDreamy fan really. I like Burke more, like you do. Who I really like is another individual, whom you have not met yet as you are not on the right season......HURRY UP.

Blogger Vety said...

How sad is it that I go to the NY & Company store website because there's pics of McDreamy there. I don't even think they sell mens clothing!

Meanwhile, I have been threatened with bodily harm if I don't do exactly what you're doing and begin watching Grey's from the first season. Needless to say, I will be going to blockbuster this evening for DVD 1 of Season 1. sheesh.

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer