My blog has moved! Redirecting…

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit http://mommabean.com/ and update your bookmarks.

Tuesday, November 07, 2006
This morning I received an email from my cousin’s wife, who told me that she was getting her (Beautiful! It must run in the family!) girls’ Christmas photos taken soon. My first thought was, “Wait. It’s early November. Why so early?” And my second thought was, “Gaaaaaahhhhh!”

Brilliant!! Getting Christmas photos taken before December so that you’re not stuck in a crowd of annoying, sweaty, sticky children who are climbing on every piece of plastic furniture in the place and scratching you with their itchy ugly holiday gear? I told her that I’m stealing her idea and now am on a mission to find THE OUTFIT (x2) as soon as humanly possible. Please provide suggestions and links in the comment section below.

However, I must admit that there is a growing fear in me of having to endure yet another painful photo session with Little Miss Apprehensive. The One Year Photos still bring tears to my eyes, and not because they are so darling. A is a pro in front of a camera. She knows she’s a doll and wants you to know it too. But M. I was in every photo that Her Royal Pie-ness was in (thanks for the skinny legs comment S, xoxo) and it still wasn’t enough to help her to cooperate. Hell, I haven’t even sent those photos out because the place that I take them (we’ll call it Stears) holds your photos hostage for what seems like three years, rather than three weeks. So, those of you on the A-list, plan on getting your One Year photos about one to two weeks before you receive the Christmas photos.

Getting professional photos done of your children sucks. It’s the event I least look forward to in my children’s lives. However, I feel a strange sense of duty to have them taken on a quarterly basis. Who made this rule? Who thought that it would be in the best interest of the child to dress them up in uncomfortably stiff formal ware and pose them unnaturally in front of a variety of drab, unattractive curtains, sitting or leaning on tacky old props? And expect them to smile for a stranger behind a camera? And then have the parents shell out hundreds of dollars for sixty wallet-sized photos that they’ll send to every relative they didn’t know they had, only to have the recipient stuff the photo in their junk drawer behind the book of matches from a wedding that took place five years ago?

Gaaaaaahhhhh!

Of course I’m going to do it. I said it already, I feel obligated to do so. I don’t have baby scrapbooks (insert reader’s gasp) made, so this is the least that I can do for my girls. So, watch the mail. Thanks to Megan, I’ll hopefully get an early start. Keep your fingers crossed that M is cooperative.

Labels: ,



3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

"Who thought that it would be in the best interest of the child to dress them up in uncomfortably stiff formal ware and pose them unnaturally in front of a variety of drab, unattractive curtains, sitting or leaning on tacky old props? And expect them to smile for a stranger behind a camera? And then have the parents shell out hundreds of dollars for sixty wallet-sized photos that they’ll send to every relative they didn’t know they had, only to have the recipient stuff the photo in their junk drawer behind the book of matches from a wedding that took place five years ago?"

God. This made me remember senior portraits. *shudder*

Blogger Lori Anne Haskell said...

Ha. Which is why my friend Marla's idea of doing pics like this in house (where she would come to your house or vice versa) is so great. At least the Beans would feel a little bit more comfy...too bad Marla has not started doing this yet, I would refer you! :).

Blogger Vety said...

oh man.....now I can't say that I totally forgot to start planning early. So much for that! I can't wait to see what pretty dresses you pick out!!!

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer