My blog has moved! Redirecting…

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit http://mommabean.com/ and update your bookmarks.

Thursday, September 14, 2006
TO MY DEAR AND LOVING HUSBAND by: Anne Bradstreet (c.1612-1672) F ever two were one, then surely we. If ever man were lov'd by wife, then thee. If ever wife was happy in a man, Compare with me, ye women, if you can. I prize thy love more than whole Mines of gold Or all the riches that the East doth hold. My love is such that Rivers cannot quench, Nor ought but love from thee give recompetence. Thy love is such I can no way repay. The heavens reward thee manifold, I pray. Then while we live, in love let's so persever That when we live no more, we may live ever. Five years ago, we were married on a glorious day. In those five years, we have become pet owners and homeowners. We have endured three job changes, a shocking and still painful death in the family, the marriages of several of our closest friends and family, and the divorce of others. We have suffered the loss of our sisters as they moved to opposite ends of the country. We have witnessed the lives of our loved ones changed forever with the birth of their children. And we have been blessed with the birth of ours. In those five years, we have grown as individuals and as a couple. In those five years, I have learned more about myself and us as a team. In those five years, I have reflected daily upon my luck that you are mine. That we had found each other. That you love me. You are my best friend. The father of the joy of my life. My anchor, my biggest fan, my other half. If the girls are my joy, then you are my life. I love you with every bit of myself and I thank you for five wonderful years. Happy anniversary.

Labels: ,



1 Comments:

Blogger Vety said...

awww, that was beautiful! congratulations!

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer