My blog has moved! Redirecting…

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit http://mommabean.com/ and update your bookmarks.

Friday, September 08, 2006
It was a great party. The girls were spoiled by wonderful family and friends. Aunt Deb made their cakes (A's was the eggless one) and it took them a few minutes to warm up to the idea, but soon enough, they were digging away. As far as the gifts were concerned, they weren't interested in opening one. In fact, I think that was the worst part of the day for the girls. They didn't get the hang of it and became frustrated quickly. I thought that they might get a kick out of tearing the paper, but I ended up doing most of the tearing.

M was a bit anxious about all of the people around her and seemed a bit tense throughout the day. After everyone left though, and it was just her, her sister and the boys, she dived right into the new toys with gusto. Here are more photos of the day's festivities.

Today, their actual "birthdate", J and I played hooky from work and took the Beans on a daytrip to Frankenmuth, Michigan. We had lunch at Zendher's, did a little shopping at The Riverwalk and Birch Run and the girls fell in love with Bronner's. We topped it off with dinner at Uno's before we drove home, exhausted from our day. I hope the girls enjoyed themselves for their first birthday...we couldn't get enough of them, as they were in rare form. It was almost as if they knew it was their day, because they flirted with and entertained everyone who stopped to see them.

Labels:



1 Comments:

Blogger Vety said...

Awww! I love the dresses! I'll check out the pics next! I'm so glad you guys played hooky,we're thinking of making that tradition too!

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer