My blog has moved! Redirecting…

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit http://mommabean.com/ and update your bookmarks.

Tuesday, February 14, 2006


This is generally how our weekdays go...I bring you home from Gramma's house and let you snooze in your carseats for about an hour while I tend to the dogs and sort through the mail. When you wake up, it's around 4:30 p.m. and I'll put in some Baby Mozart or Baby Shakespeare for background noise and we'll roll around the ground for an hour, playing with toys and practicing our ABCs and 123s and taking photos.


Right around 5:30 p.m., Mags will sound the hunger cry and I'll fix us up some delicious Enfamil (six ounces) and rice cereal (1.25 tablespoons and some formula) and set you both up in your bouncers. By now, Audrey has joined in the wails for food (I thought that the eating every three hour thing fades away with time?? Of course, your father is proof that this theory is false!) and I quickly try to fit your wriggling bodies with bibs and get you ready for your feast. I give Maggie her bottle first while feeding Audrey her cereal. Audrey is impatient and requires smooth moves, like the Airplane or the Choo-choo Train, to divert her attention to the spoon, but before long, the cereal is gone. Then the switcheroo. Audrey gets her bottle and Maggie gets her cereal. More accurately, Maggie's cheeks get her cereal, but we try to get some of the rice into her slurping mouth!


When dinner is done, the girls are sawing logs and I'm off to do dishes or fold laundry or some other domestic chore that I dread. And if you're really being sweet, you'll sleep until about 7:00 p.m. and I can sneak onto the Internet to email your father about your latest achievements. Last night, it was Maggie doing the rocking motion for the first time, on her knees. Audrey was fine just watching her sister and providing play-by-play to the camcorder.


By the time Daddy gets home, the three of us are in the kitchen for some singing, dancing and cooking!! But mostly singing and dancing...


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer