My blog has moved! Redirecting…

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit http://mommabean.com/ and update your bookmarks.

Wednesday, February 08, 2006

So, girls…I haven’t posted your recent stats or milestones lately and I feel horrible. You see, I attempted to transfer your blogs to a new! and improved! site and I, being the HTML illiterate that I am, just can’t get it right. And I want it to be beautiful and perfect (just like you!) so I keep trying and trying, but it just won’t work. And really, I’m only at work for six hours a day – prime posting time – but I do actually have to work when I’m away from you (no snickering J…and S….and E….I really do “work” sometimes!). So, I apologize for this sorry excuse for a virtual scrapbook, and I promise I will do better!

Enough of that, it’s your BIRTHDAY!!! YIPPEE!!! Actually, it’s your five-month birthday, not your actual birthday. But this is coming from a girl who feels it necessary to notify her loved ones of her ½ birthday (March 23rd, if you’re asking), so who am I to talk?!?!? It’s you FIVE-MONTH BIRTHDAY!!!!

According to the experts, this month we can expect you to notice bold colors (you’ve been doing that), roll over (M does all the time, but A can’t be bothered with it – even though I know you can!!), recognize your own name (done), and sit momentarily without support (almost).

Maggie, you are the rolling queen! You roll over in your sleep now too, which causes your father much concern. You are now propping yourself up on your knees and shoving your bottom in the air in a valiant attempt to crawl. Today we’ll call it scooting, but I expect you to be crawling at any moment, with your determination. You’re probably the happiest baby I’ve ever seen, with an easy smile and an independent spirit. You don’t need much attention, being happy to amuse yourself with a toy or your dogs or your sister’s toes. You don’t have a favorite toy, but you love to hear Mommy sing the ABC song to you and Sister. You are a drooling maniac and I’m convinced that you’ll cut your first tooth in the next month or so. You’re still quiet and observant, but every once in awhile, you’ll treat us with a squeal of delight or a shout of approval. You prefer to slurp off your spoon rather than eat it, and you would sleep twenty-two hours a day if we let you. But when you awaken…boy that smile could stop a heart!

Audrey, our baby girl. You’ve got our number and you’re not afraid to use it. Who would roll or crawl when she could be carried? Who would bother entertaining herself when she could demand entertainment from her devoted audience? You love to be the center of attention, to be thrown in the air and jostled about. I can see you becoming a tomboy – though I dislike the idea of labeling you, you are already my little daredevil and the mischievous glint in your eyes can mean nothing but trouble! You have a story to tell, and won’t even quiet down for dinner. And speaking of dinner…if we don’t get that spoon to you in a timely fashion, you are sure to let us know. You love your chimes and your exersaucer. You could gaze in the mirror all day and have begun the habit of absentmindedly twirling your beautiful hair. You love to be naked, much to the chagrin of Daddy, and even more so, you love to shadow box with Pops. You hate to be on your belly and will roll to your side only if Big Sister is nearby and waiting for your monologue of the day’s events. You get a kick out of your best friend and she is the only one that can easily bring a smile to your face. Everyone else must earn it!

To think we’ve been blessed with only five months of you in our lives. It’s as if you’ve been here forever. We love you more than anything, baby girls. Thank you for your love, pure and true and constant.

And…HAPPY FIFTH MONTH BIRTHDAY!



1 Comments:

Blogger Lori Anne Haskell said...

Happy Birthday Girls!

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer